Ready or not, March is here and spring is just around the corner! These Green Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins are a great way to get some extra veggies into your kids snacks and breakfast… and they taste incredible too!
Green Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups quick oats use gluten free if needed or 2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 8 oz. milk of choice
- 1 large banana
- 5 oz. raw baby spinach
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Using a food processor or grinder, grind the quick oats into oat flour.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the ground oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except chocolate chips) to a high powered blender, and blend until a smooth green liquid forms. Add the liquid to the mixing bowl with the oat mixture and stir using a rubber spatula, just until combined. Add the chocolate chips in and stir again.
- Pour the batter into silicone lined muffin tins* and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Remove the pans from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes. Remove the silicone liners from the muffin tin and let them cool on a wire rack for 10ish minutes. Carefully, remove each muffin from the silicone liners by giving them a gentle squeeze and/or peeling the liners back away from the muffins. Let the muffins finish cooling completely on the wire rack. Enjoy!
Check out these other great breakfast recipes