This Cranberry Quinoa Veggie Saute is the perfect easy weeknight dinner. All you need is one pan and 30 minutes!
What if I told you that you could have dinner ready in under 10 minutes, AND that you’d only get one pan dirty in the process? The only thing better than that would be someone ELSE taking ten minutes to prep this Cranberry Quinoa Veggie Sauté and dirty said pan. But if you’re like me, and don’t have a personal chef lying around, keep reading…
How to prep ahead to make dinner a breeze
Believe it or not, with a little prep work and planning, it’s pretty easy to get this easy dinner idea ready in under 10 minutes even. It’s what I like to call, an “assembly only” dish. If you take a little time, and prep the following a few days ahead (or whenever you have a spare 20ish minutes), you really only have to assemble the ingredients in your saute pan the night of, heat for 10 minutes, and done!
So, here’s what to prep ahead of time:
sautee some onions
brown your meat
cook your qunioa or rice
But, if you don’t have time to prep these ahead of time, don’t worry. This recipe only takes 30 minutes from start to finish if you’re starting from scratch! Enjoy!
Cranberry Quinoa Veggie Saute
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 pound ground chicken, turkey, or beef
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 4 cups leafy green vegetable of choice kale, baby spinach, etc.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 4 oz. crumbledfeta cheese optional
- Heat the avocado oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, and sauté with your lid on until translucent (~10min).
- Add the garlic, stir, and heat with the lid on for 5 more min.
- Add the ground meat, stir and continue to cook until the meat is fully cooked.
- Add in the dried cranberries and leafy greens, stir and heat with the lid on for 5 more minutes.
- Add the seasonings and stir. Then carefully stir in the cooked quinoa. Stir until fully mixed, add your feta cheese, and enjoy!