This recipe for Heart Healthy Blueberry Apple Salad is sponsored by Sprouts Farmer’s Market. All thoughts and ideas are my own.
This Heart Healthy Blueberry Apple Salad is perfect any time of year and makes for a great easy weekday lunch or dinner. You can add chicken or fish on top and you’ve got a complete meal ready to go.
When we think about the term “heart healthy” we generally consider three things:
- Saturated fat
- Added sugar
All three of these things can get quite high when using pre-made salad dressings. For this Heart Healthy Blueberry Apple Salad, I whipped up a super easy dressing that you can use on anything, and it doesn’t have any unnecessary saturated fat, added sugar, or sodium. It’s got just enough to offer great flavor but still a great heart healthy option!
It’s got hints of honey and orange and is the perfect vinaigrette. I even tried quadrupling the quantities listed in this recipe and it turned out perfectly and now I have a homemade Honey Orange Vinaigrette I can use on any number of dishes!
Heart Healthy Blueberry Apple Salad
- 1/2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil or another mild oil
- 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 5 oz. Sprouts Brand Organic Baby Spinach & Baby Kale
- 2 Tbsp chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp raw pepitas
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 small sweet apple sliced (I prefer fuji or pink lady varieties)
- 2 Tbsp crumbled goat cheese optional
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, avocado oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, and sea salt.
- Set the dressing aside.
- Next, roughly chop your baby spinach and baby kale mixture and add it to a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the greens and gently toss the dressing into the greens until they have been completely coated.
- Then, top the salad with the pecans, pepitas, blueberries, sliced apple, and goat cheese (if using) and enjoy!