This recipe for Strawberry Shortcake Toast was sponsored by Lantana Foods. All thoughts and ideas are my own.
This Strawberry Shortcake Toast is a healthier (and much easier) take on the classic dessert we all love. You can even buy store bought whipped cream to save even more time, though making your own is super easy, I promise! The sweet but slightly tangy flavor of the strawberry hummus goes perfectly on a slice of bread. You won’t be disappointed!
Strawberry Shortcake Toasts
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 slices whole grain bread toasted
- Lantana Foods Strawberry Hummus
- 5-6 strawberries sliced
- Toasted coconut for topping (optional)
- Beat the heavy whipping cream in the bowl of a stand mixer for 4-5 minutes until whipped cream forms. (Add in the almond extract while the mixer is still running after 2-3 minutes.) Set aside.
- Layer each piece of toasted bread as follows:– Toast– 2 Tbsp strawberry hummus– 4-5 strawberry slices– Scoop of whipped cream– Toppings: I like to use toasted coconut and an extra strawberry slice.
- Want to mix things up a little bit?? Try making some shortcake toast with one of the other new Lantana fruit flavors: Blueberry, Cherry or Mango! Check out their product locator online* to see where you can buy some near you. (I always grab the Strawberry flavor at H-E-B!)