This recipe for Gluten Free Christmas Cracker Candy is sponsored by Sprouts Farmer’s Market. All thoughts and ideas are my own.
Have you ever had Christmas Cracker Candy?!? It’s a deliciously addictive holiday treat that you can completely customize to your own dietary needs and preferences. This version of Gluten Free Christmas Cracker Candy is pretty simple to make… I bet it’ll be gone faster than it actually takes you to make it.
You can go with the toppings I’ve suggested here or search through the Sprouts bulk bins to find your own favorites. I love shopping in the bulk bins because it lowers costs (you only have to buy the amount you need), and reduces waste (no half filled packages left sitting around)!
These are the flavors you can make with the recipe below: Cranberry Pecan, Peppermint, and Candy Crush (holiday colored chocolate candies)!
I developed this recipe as part of the annual #SproutsTreatExchange and got the opportunity to send some Gluten free Christmas cracker Candy to Glory over at Glorious Treats and Holly at A Baker’s House! And they sent me some amazing goodies too!
Gluten Free Christmas Cracker Candy
- 1 package Gluten Free crackers (I like to use these)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups Sprouts Brand semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans grab some from the bulk bins!
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Sprouts Brand Peppermint Puffs crushed
- 1/2 cup Holiday Boston Baked Beans in the holiday bulk candy section, crushed
- Line a large baking sheet that has sides with foil. Spray the foil with your cooking spray of choice. (I love the Sprouts Brand Avocado oil spray.) Arrange the crackers in a single layer on the bottom of the pan. Set the pan aside.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium sauce pan combine the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir the mixture as the butter begins to melt. Allow the mixture to come to a rolling boil and let it boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Carefully remove the mixture from the stove and pour it over the crackers. (Make sure to watch it while it’s boiling because it can boil over if your pan is not large enough.)
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- While the crackers bake, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave.
- Remove the pan from the oven and once the brown sugar and butter mixture has stopped bubbling, pour the chocolate over the crackers. Use a spatula to smooth it out over the entire pan.
- Next, mentally divide the pan into three sections. Sprinkle the crushed pecans and cranberries on 1/3 of the crackers, crushed peppermint candies on the second 1/3 of the crackers, and the holiday candies on the last third.
- Let the Christmas cracker candy cool down to room temperature. Transfer the pan to the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator and gently peel the foil away. Cut the Christmas Cracker Candy into snack-sized pieces using a large knife.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.