I’ve rounded up some of my favorite homemade and store-bought diabetes desserts and they are all so delicious!
Just because you have diabetes, doesn’t mean you can’t eat dessert! In fact, some of my all time favorite diabetes desserts are better than any “regular” dessert you’ve ever had I promise!
- Best easy desserts for diabetes
- Best sugar free desserts for diabetes
- Best added sugar free desserts for diabetes
- Best store bought desserts for diabetes
- Best no bake diabetes desserts
- Best diabetes chocolate desserts
- Best low carb desserts for diabetes
- Best low sugar desserts for diabetes
What desserts can I eat with diabetes?
People with diabetes can enjoy a wide variety of desserts! I have several here on my website as well as all of the ideas listed below. The possibilities are endless, you just need to know what to look for!
What to look for in healthy desserts for diabetes
Ideally, diabetes desserts should have one or more of the following things compared to traditional desserts:
- Increased protein
- More fiber
- More plant based fats
- Less sugar
How can I satisfy my diabetes sweet tooth?
Well, to start, look at all of the ideas we’re going to highlight here in a second. And, check out my thoughts on quick and easy ways to satisfy a sweet tooth as well as easy low glycemic snack ideas.
Best desserts for people with diabetes
There are a limitless amount of diabetes desserts that people with diabetes can enjoy, so we’re breaking them down into categories below! Everything from great homemade recipes to easy store-bought treats!
Best easy desserts for diabetes
- Low Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites (Milk & Honey Nutrition)
- Gluten Free Chocolate Avocado Muffins (Milk & Honey Nutrition)
- Low Sugar Peanut Butter Fruit Dip (Milk & Honey Nutrition)
- Peanut Butter Cookies (Wholeistic Living)
- Flourless Chickpea White Chocolate Blondies (Beautiful Eats and Things)
Best sugar free desserts for diabetes
Best added sugar free desserts for diabetes
- Easy Chocolate Fudge Brownies (Jennifer Hunt Nutrition)
- Chocolate Chickpea Ice Pops (Theresa Gentile RD)
- No Sugar Added Stewed Apples (The Miller’s Kitchen)
Best store bought desserts for diabetes
Best no bake diabetes desserts
- Low Sugar Chocolate Caramel Oatmeal Protein Balls (Milk & Honey Nutrition)
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bites (Milk & Honey Nutrition)
- Strawberry Nice Cream (Shaw’s Simple Swaps)
Best diabetes chocolate desserts
- Chocolate Peppermint Energy Bites (Milk & Honey Nutrition)
- Cherry Chocolate Coconut Milk Chia Pudding (Bucket List Tummy)
- Edible Brownie Batter (A Grateful Meal)
Best low carb desserts for diabetes
- Low Carb Almond Flour Cookies (Milk & Honey Nutrition)
- Almond Granola Cups (Your Choice Nutrition)
- Protein Brownies (Smart Nutrition)
- Caramel Date Energy Balls (Spicy RD Nutrition)
Best low sugar desserts for diabetes
- Grain Free Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies (Milk & Honey Nutrition)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert Hummus (Your Choice Nutrition)
- Protein Mug Cake (Cheerful Choices)
- Blueberry Sweet Corn Frozen Greek Yogurt Bark (It’s a Veg World After All)
Other diabetes friendly dessert ideas
And if you want even more diabetes desserts ideas, make sure to grab a copy of my diabetes cookbook, The Easy Diabetes Cookbook! It’s packed full of delicious diabetes friendly recipes, including a whole chapter on blood sugar friendly desserts.