This recipe for Grain Free Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars is full of so many flavors, has the perfect texture, and is very easy to make. I’ll give some tips and tricks for making them perfectly here, but if you just want to cut to the chase, scroll to the bottom of the page.
Grain Free Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are paleo (if you use 100% dark chocolate chips), low sugar (only 9g per bar!), dairy free, grain free, gluten free, and DELICIOUS!
So, here we go. Let’s make some Grain Free Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars…
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. And then grab your food processor. You need to make sure yours is 11-cups or larger. If you attempt the recipe in a smaller size, it may not have enough room to fully mix everything together.
You’ll be using the standard S-blade to make these Grain Free Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.
Add your raw pecans to the food processor, secure the lid, and process the pecans for about 30 seconds. You do not want to over process these. If you do, you will release the natural oils of the pecans and they won’t be able to bake. It should look like this…
Next, you’ll add the shredded coconut and baking soda, and just process the mixture until the coconut is mixed in completely, about 15 seconds.
Now, add in the eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Process the dough for another 30 seconds until it looks like the photo below…
Next, pour the dough into an 8×8 pan, lined with parchment paper. Spread it flat and then add the chocolate chips on top. You can also add some extra pecans on top here too if you’d like.
Once the pan is ready to go, you will bake the bars for about 45 minutes on 350 degrees. (325 if you have a convection oven.) You’ll know they are done when the middle starts to puff up some and the edges are golden brown. You can also stick a toothpick in the center and see if it comes out clean. If it does, you’re good to go!
Grain Free Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 3 cups raw pecan halves
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. (325 if using convection.)
- Add your pecans to a large food processor (11 cups or larger), and process for about 30 seconds until they form a wet sand-like texture. (About 30 seconds).
- Then, add in the shredded coconut and baking powder. Process just until combined, about 15 seconds.
- Next, add in the maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla extract. Process about 30-45 seconds until the dough forms. (It will look a bit like oatmeal at this point.)
- Transfer the dough to an 8×8 pan, lined with parchment paper. Gently spread the dough flat and top with the chocolate chips (and additional pecans if you’d like!).
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the middle starts to rise and the edges are golden brown.
- Allow it to cool for 15-20 minutes, cut them into bars and enjoy!