If you’re looking for a great everyday, go-to healthy breakfast… this is not the recipe for you. Just click that little red x in the corner and move along. HOWEVER… if you’re looking for that one of a kind, stop you in your tracks, your kids and relatives will be talking about it for years, kind of recipe… you need to make these Chocolate Hazelnut pancakes!
With the holidays quickly approaching, I’m sure you’ve started thinking about all the family that may or may not be coming into town and/or all the holiday get togethers. The holidays can be filled with too many over indulgent meals and snacks, and can quickly spiral out of control. So, you probably don’t want to make these Chocolate Hazelnut Pancakes every morning, but if you want this holiday season to go down in history and have everyone looking forward to when you make these again… these are the pancakes for you. So deliciously fluffy, sweet, and decadent… I assure you NO ONE will forget these!
The new Sprouts Organic Hazelnut Spread with Cocoa takes center stage in these pancakes giving them a subtle chocolate flavor with a nutty bite to them. And there’s no need to add any extra sugar… the spread has plenty… trust me. And consider yourself warned… if you lick the spoon after scooping out the hazelnut spread… you won’t be able to stop. It’s dangerously addictive.
And if you want to be known as the person who always gets pancakes right, I have a few tips for you.
You may have noticed that anytime you make pancakes, the first batch is always just a little… off. They either don’t brown right or don’t rise enough. To avoid this:
Always make sure your skillet is good and hot. I start my heating as soon as I start getting ingredients out. This way it has a good 10-15 minutes to warm up.
Always let your batter rest for 5-7 minutes after mixing. This allows the baking powder or baking soda time to react and start to fluff up the batter
Add an extra tsp or 2 of baking powder to any recipe. The little extra rise will make all the difference. Check out the fluff on these pancakes as an example!
This recipe was sponsored by Sprouts Farmer’s Market.
All recipe ideas, thoughts, and opinions, are my own.
Chocolate Hazelnut Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Sprouts Organic Hazelnut Spread with Cocoa
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in one bowl and lightly stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients and whisk thoroughly to combine. The hazelnut spread is thick, so you will need to stir it very well or you can use a mixer.
- Next, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk to combine. Let the batter sit for 5-7 minutes before cooking.
- Add a small amount of oil to your heated skillet. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter onto the heated skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes, flip, and then cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Top with your toppings of choice, and/or some additional chocolate hazelnut spread. Enjoy!
Check out these other great breakfast recipes