This recipe for Sweet Potato Blueberry Sausage Frittata was sponsored by The U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council. All ideas and thoughts are my own.
Ever make something for dinner, and you just know it’s going to become a family staple?? That’s what this Sweet Potato Blueberry Sausage Frittata was… holy, yum! So many flavors combined together for the perfect dish. Surprised to see blueberries in a savory egg and sausage dish?? The natural subtle sweetness of blueberries actually pair perfectly with saltier foods for the perfect salty/sweet combo! And their fiber content paired with the protein and fats in the eggs and sausage, make for a balanced and energizing meal all in one dish!
Sweet Potato Blueberry Sausage Frittata
- 1 pound turkey breakfast sausage
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup feta or goat cheese
- 1 ½ Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- Avocado oil
- 1 sweet potato sliced thin horizontally into rounds
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat on the stove.
- In a medium bowl, combine the turkey breakfast sausage, semi-mashed blueberries, feta cheese, maple syrup, and salt. Using your hands, mix everything together until fully combined.
- Add the mixture to the heated skillet and cook until no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a pie plate with avocado oil. Line the bottom of the pie plate with the sweet potato rounds. Spread the cooked sausage over the sweet potato rounds.
- In another bowl combine the eggs, milk, and cinnamon. Whisk until combined.
- Then pour the egg mixture into the pie plate over the sausage and sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes, then cut and enjoy!