These Healthier Scotcheroo Energy Balls are packed full of that classic flavor you love without a ton of extra sugar. They’re great for your next playdate or dinner party. And even though the classic recipe has a layer of chocolate on top, you can leave that part off if you’re just wanting a sweet nutty treat without chocolate.
Healthier Scotcheroo Energy Balls
- Food processor (9-cup or larger)
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup puffed rice cereal
- 1/4 cup pumpkin hemp or flax seeds
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips optional
- Add the oats, cereal and seeds to a food processor (9-cup or larger), and process until the mixture becomes a powder. Remove the lid, and pour in the peanut butter and honey. Turn the processor back on and let it run for 60 seconds.
- Remove the bowl from the food processor. Carefully remove the blade. Roll the dough into tightly packed tbsp-sized balls. (I like to use a standard size cookie scoop.) Next, drizzle the melted chocolate over the balls, or dip them. Refrigerate the balls for at least 1 hour and enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Check out these other great recipes…