These Healthier Scotcheroo Energy Balls are packed full of that classic flavor you love without a ton of extra sugar. They’re great for your next playdate or dinner party. And even though the classic recipe has a layer of chocolate on top, you can leave that part off if you’re just wanting a sweet nutty treat without chocolate.
Healthier Scotcheroo Energy Balls
Rate this recipe!
- Food processor (9-cup or larger)
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup puffed rice cereal
- 1/4 cup pumpkin hemp or flax seeds
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips optional
- Add the oats, cereal and seeds to a food processor (9-cup or larger), and process until the mixture becomes a powder. Remove the lid, and pour in the peanut butter and honey. Turn the processor back on and let it run for 60 seconds.
- Remove the bowl from the food processor. Carefully remove the blade. Roll the dough into tightly packed tbsp-sized balls. (I like to use a standard size cookie scoop.) Next, drizzle the melted chocolate over the balls, or dip them. Refrigerate the balls for at least 1 hour and enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Check out these other great recipes…
Veggie and Egg Caprese Breakfast Sandwiches
Heart Healthy Blueberry Apple Salad
Smoked Black Pepper and Salmon Caesar Salad
Caramelized Onion and Pistachio Veggie Burgers
Grain Free Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Blackened Shrimp and Veggie Taco Salad
Gluten Free Christmas Cracker Candy
Peppermint Pick Me Up Mocktail