This recipe for Watercolor Toast with no artificial dyes is sponsored by Sprouts Farmer’s Market. All thoughts and ideas are my own.
We’ve had avocado toast, unicorn toast, and even mermaid toast… and now WATERCOLOR TOAST!! This fun Watercolor Toast with no artificial dyes is a super creative take on a classic breakfast staple that allows you to paint your breakfast and enjoy a healthy start to your day. And if your kids are like mine and love arts and crafts, then this is sure to be a hit with everyone.
I love shopping at Sprouts for many reasons, but one of them is their affordable Vitamin and Body care department. Thanks to some functional foods and powders, you can make the toasts you see here without any artificial food coloring. I used beet powder to make the pink tones, chlorophyll drops for the green tones, natural concentrated food coloring for the blueish tones, turmeric for the yellow/orange tones…. all of these are available in the Sprouts Vitamin and Body Care department or grocery aisles. And I spread on the Sprouts Brand Peach Passion Fruit Spread for the perfect finishing touch on all of them.
If you would prefer to just use a natural concentrated food coloring, you can grab some from the baking aisle at Sprouts. (The sprinkles I use here are colored with natural concentrated food coloring).
Now, before you get started, one thing to keep in mind is that there is no right or wrong way to do this. You can “paint”, drizzle, and sprinkle to your heart’s content to create your own masterpiece. Once you’ve set up your base toasts, you can decorate as you please. I’ve listed the combos and methods I used to achieve the four toasts pictured here below…
Watercolor Toast with no artificial dyes
Rate this recipe!
- 4 slices of whole grain bread
- 1 8 oz or 12oz tub of whipped cream cheese or a thick low sugar vanilla yogurt I used the Siggi’s 4% Touch of Honey
- Sprouts Brand Beet powder
- Chlorophyll drops
- Natural food coloring
- Naturally colored sprinkles
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- Sprouts Brand Organic Peach Passion Fruit Spread
- Start by dividing the yogurt up into 4 parts (1/4 cup each). To color each portion add the coloring agents as follows and stir until you reach the color you want to use:– Beet powder: 1/4 tsp at a time– Turmeric: 1/4 tsp at a time– Chlorophyll drops: 3 drops at a time– Natural food coloring: 2 drops at a time
- Next, start to spread, paints, swirl, and drizzle to your hearts content, adding the fruit spread, chia seeds, hemp seeds, and sprinkles as desired.