This post is sponsored by Truvia® sweetener. All thoughts and ideas are my own.
These easy gluten free brownies are super simple to whip up and perfect for any spring or summer time occasion!
And, they’re diabetes friendly thanks to a special ingredient: Truvia® Sweet Complete™ All-Purpose Sweetener! It’s the perfect way to sweeten gluten free brownies without adding additional sugar.
Are brownies gluten free usually?
Brownies aren’t usually gluten free. Your average brownie is made with some sort of wheat based flour. This recipe uses a combination of almond flour and ground oats for some deliciously perfect gluten free brownies.
How do you make gluten free brownies from scratch?
For this recipe, I use my food processor. The batter for my version of gluten free brownies is thicker than your average brownie batter. In fact, it almost more resembles cookie dough. So, the food processor helps to get a nice uniform consistency in the dough.
What’s so special about these gluten free brownies?
These gluten free brownies are diabetes friendly thanks to their higher protein and fiber content, yes, but also because of their lower sugar content when compared to traditional brownies. With 8g protein, 10g fiber and only 4g of sugar with the help of Truvia® Sweet Complete™ in each brownie.
Truvia® Sweet Complete™ All-Purpose Sweetener, a granulated stevia sweetener with zero calories per serving that bakes and browns in recipes and sweetens and measures like sugar.
I love baking with it because I can sweeten up all the baked goods I love without having to mess with complicated conversions. All you have to do is replace the sugar in your recipes with Truvia® Sweet Complete™ exactly as the recipe calls for, whether it’s by the pinch, tablespoon or cup. (Not to mention it’s also gluten free and non-GMO!)
Make sure to check out these other recipes I’ve done using Truvia® Sweet Complete™
- Easy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with Oatmeal Crust
- Diabetes Friendly Sourdough French Toast
My gluten free brownie recipe
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. We want that oven to be nice and hot when the brownies go in! Then, grease or line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
Now, add the almond flour, oats, Truvia® Sweet Complete™ All-Purpose Sweetener, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder to the bowl of a large food processor. Process for about 10-15 seconds until a uniform powder forms.
Add in your oil, water, and vanilla extract. Process until a thick dough forms (about another 10-15 seconds). It will be really thick, almost like cookie dough.
Carefully remove the blade from the processor. Spread the dough in an 8×8 pan and sprinkle your chocolate chips on top. Bake for ~20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let the gluten free brownies cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing them. Then enjoy!
Best tip for making almond flour brownies
One tip I usually like to add when baking with almond flour is to try to avoid only using almond flour in your recipes. Using only almond flour will likely result in a crumbly brownie that doesn’t hold together well. It usually needs to be combined with another flour. Ground up oats/oat flour is the perfect partner for almond flour and helps everything stick together well!
Easy Diabetes Friendly Gluten Free Brownies
- 2 ¼ cups almond flour
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup Truvia® Sweet Complete™ All-Purpose Sweetener
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease or line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Add the almond flour, oats, Truvia® Sweet Complete™ All-Purpose Sweetener, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder to the bowl of your food processor. Process for about 10-15 seconds until a powder forms.
- Add in your oil, water, and vanilla extract. Process until a thick dough forms (about another 10-15 seconds).
- Carefully remove the blade from the processor.
- Spread the dough in an 8×8 pan and sprinkle your chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing them. Enjoy!