This post was sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market.
All thoughts and ideas are my own.
This healthy carrot soufflé is perfect as a side dish for Thanksgiving or any holiday celebration!
My healthy carrot soufflé recipe has less sugar than traditional carrot soufflé, and uses some fun tri color carrots! It’s also naturally dairy free and gluten free.
What are tri color carrots?
Did you know carrots come in other colors besides orange? There’s red, yellow, white, and even purple carrots! The tri-color carrots at Sprouts Farmers Market offer orange, yellow, and purple carrots. They make for the perfect star ingredient in a fun veggie-forward carrot souffle!
And while you’re there, make sure to check out all of the other high-quality seasonal produce selections Sprouts has to offer. I love shopping at Sprouts during the holidays because I can try new varieties of produce and get some of my classic favorites all at super affordable prices.
While the nutrient content of different color carrots doesn’t differ too much, there are differences in the vitamin, mineral, and antioxidant content. This graphic is really fun and has a great breakdown of what each color carrot offers.
Other fun tri color carrots recipes
You can substitute tri-color carrots in any recipe that calls for carrots!
What makes this a healthy carrot souffle recipe?
This healthy carrot soufflé follows a pretty traditional recipe formula for carrot soufflé, but we’ve cut back on the sugar quite a bit.
Easy carrot souffle recipe
One of the things I love about almost any carrot soufflé recipe is how easy they are to make! My recipe below has only 7 ingredients. And pretty much all you have to do is mix it all together, put it in a pan, and bake it!
How to make this carrot souffle savory
While this carrot soufflé recipe is sweet, you could easily make it savory, by cutting out the sugar and adding in some garlic powder and maybe some fresh basil.
Does carrot souffle need to be refrigerated?
I like to serve carrot soufflé warm and fresh out of the oven, but you don’t have to serve it right away. Make sure to store it in your refrigerator, covered. It will keep in there for 4-5 days if stored properly.
Can you freeze carrot souffle?
Yes, you can free carrot souffle! Store it in a sealed and covered container for up to 3 months. Once you’re ready to defrost it, let it thaw in your refrigerator for 24 hours.
What to serve with carrot souffle
Some of my other favorite Thanksgiving side dishes include:
Healthy Carrot Souffle with Tri Color Carrots
- 2 lbs rainbow carrots washed but not peeled
- ¾ cup coconut oil melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- ¼-½ cup sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Shred your rainbow carrots. I like to use the shredding attachment on my food processor for this, but you can also do it by hand. Set the shredded carrots aside.
- Combine the melted coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla extract in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the baking powder, coconut flour, and sugar to the coconut oil mixture and whisk again.
- Add in your shredded carrots and mix until combined.
- Spread the mixture in a greased 9×9 square baking pan. Bake 40-45 minutes until the sides are bubble, the carrots have started to brown and the center is set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it sit for 10-15 minutes before cutting into it.