Pecan pie was always a family favorite growing up, so I was determined to figure out a way to make a lower sugar pecan pie that was equally as tasty and delicious. This one has a hint of coconut and creaminess that I think make it the perfect after meal treat during the holidays… you’d never know it was “lower sugar.”
Low Sugar Pecan Pie
- 1 pre-made or homemade pie crust ready to be baked
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp butter or coconut oil melted
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the maple syrup, coconut cream, eggs, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, butter, and pecans.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes, or until center has started to set and crust is golden brown.
- Let cool for at least 2 hours before eating. Enjoy with ice cream, whipped cream, or by itself!