It’s officially Fall!!… or at least that’s what my newsfeed keeps telling me. It’s still topping 90 degrees around here everyday, but that hasn’t stopped my love for all the delicious fall foods and recipes coming out. Pumpkin, cranberry, squash, apples, gingerbread… you name it… I love pretty much all the fall foods
This summer, I posted my High Protein Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe… and you guys LOVED it! It’s the most popular recipe on my website to date, so I figured maybe I was on to something here and you all would want to try another flavor variety? Because, let’s be honest cookies are good regardless of what the temperature is outside.
These High Protein Gingerbread Cookies are insanely delicious, low sugar (just a little sweetness from some maple syrup), high fiber, high protein, gluten free, and vegan… so, I think it’s safe to say they’re safe for almost everyone. I hope you enjoy them as much as our family does!
High Protein Gingerbread Cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 can low sodium garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor for about a minute until batter is a smooth consistency. You may need to stop the food processor once and scrape down the sides.
- Once the batter is one consistency, remove the blade.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using a fork gently press the dough scoops flat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Let the cookies sit on the pan for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Check out these other mouth-watering desserts