These deliciously simple birthday cake cookies are my copycat version of the delicious Heavenly Hunks birthday cake recipe.
One of my favorite store-bought sweet treats to grab are any of the Heavenly Hunk cookie flavors. But, I also love recreating some of my favorites at home, like these Heavenly Hunks Birthday Cake Bites!
Have you tried Birthday Cake Heavenly Hunks?
This recent flavor from Heavenly Hunks is so delicious, I knew I had to try to make my own version at home! And, even though this recipe is pretty spot on… I still always love grabbing a bag when I see them at places like Home Goods and TJ Maxx.
I also recently found out some Costco stores carry Heavenly Hunks Birthday Cake Bites in addition to the Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Bites!
Birthday cake bites with diabetes
There’s many different ways to make a dessert more blood sugar friendly. Many of my recipes focus on adding additional fiber or protein. But, this recipe for Heavenly Hunks Birthday Cake Bites focuses on cutting back on sugar.
This recipe has 3g less sugar per cookie than the originals, and about the same amount of fat, fiber, and protein.
Because of the lack of protein and fiber in these, however, I do recommend enjoying them with a meal or with another protein and/or fiber source.
Copycat Heavenly Hunks Birthday Cake Bites Nutrition
Each cookie has:
- Calories: 125
- Total carbs: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 1g
- Sodium: 50mg
- Total fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 5g
Heavenly hunks copycat recipe
This copycat recipe uses many of the same ingredients as the store bought version. And, you can see below for all the different ingredient swap options there are if you don’t have some of the ingredients on hand.
The only ingredient not listed in the originals that I decided to add was vanilla extract. I noticed in the store-bought version ingredient list, they don’t use vanilla extract or any flavorings that we could easily purchase at the grocery store. But, I think the addition of vanilla extract really helps the flavor come together. You could also swap in some almond extract too for more of a wedding cake flavor.
Heavenly hunks birthday cake recipe ingredient swaps
If you don’t have one of the ingredients in the recipe, don’t worry… here’s several ingredient swap options!
|Other ingredient options
|corn starch or arrowroot starch
|granulated sugar or granulated sugar alternative
|maple syrup or date syrup
e&c Heavenly Hunks flavors
Make sure to check out my other recipe for Copycat Heavenly Hunks Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Cookies too!
Copycat Heavenly Hunks Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Cookie Recipe
Heavenly Hunks Birthday Cake Bites (Copycat Recipe)
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats use gluten free if needed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp finely ground salt
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp multi-colored sprinkles
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the oats, coconut flakes, tapioca flour, brown sugar, and salt. Pulse the mixture until all of the oats have been dissolved into a powder.
- Next, mix in the agave syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract until fully combined.
- Remove the bowl from the food processor or blender and stir in the sprinkles by hand. Scoop the dough (about 1 Tbsp per cookie) into an oven-safe silicone ice cube tray. (I found one on Amazon that works great! Linked below.)
- Bake your cookies for 12-15 minutes until they start to puff up slightly, but before they start to brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let them cool for about 30 minutes. Then, gently lift the cookie bites out of the mold.
- Once the cookies have cooled completely, store them in an airtight container for up to 7 days.