It’s the middle of September, the kids are back in school, and while fall is supposed to be just around the corner, if you live in the South like I do, you won’t be seeing those fall-like temperatures anytime soon. So, if you’re also like me and want to enjoy all thing pumpkin this time of year, keep reading for tons of cold pumpkin recipes for warmer weather.
We’ll be in shorts and flip flops well into November. And call me crazy, but a warm soup or pumpkin spice latte just doesn’t seem right when it’s still 90 degrees outside. So what’s a pumpkin-loving girl to do?!
Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered with cold pumpkin recipes perfect for warmer weather.
Before we get there though, here are a few reasons this dietitian mama loves pumpkin. And when I say “pumpkin,” know that the only reason I buy an actual pumpkin at the store is for decoration. I definitely don’t have the time (or interest) to carve and cook my own pumpkin. Just sayin’. I buy regular old canned pumpkin. If you want to buy organic you can, but typically the whole winter squash family is ok to buy conventional if your budget doesn’t allow for organic.
Some pumpkin nutrition facts:
Pumpkins are VERY nutrient dense, loaded with vitamins, minerals and fiber. Specifically: fiber, beta-carotene (an antioxidant that the body converts to vitamin A), vitamin C, vitamin E, and potassium.
You can eat the pumpkin flesh, pumpkin seeds, and pumpkin juice.
The complex carbs (aka, fiber) found in pumpkin are great for heart health and endocrine health.
A compound found in pumpkin seeds may help with glucose absorption, and liver glucose production.
Pumpkin can be subbed for butter or oil when baking.
And here you go… Cold pumpkin recipes for warmer weather…
1. Pumpkin Pie Protein Bites
2. Roasted Pumpkin Spice Cashew Butter
3. Pumpkin Cheesecake Smoothie
4. Easy Pumpkin Pancakes
5. Pumpkin Yogurt Dip- from The Lean Green Bean
Pumpkin Yogurt Dip by Lindsay Livingston from The Lean Green Bean
6. High Protein Pumpkin Pie Smoothie- from Nourish Nutrition Co.
7. Pumpkin Pie Yogurt Parfait- from Tasty Balance Nutrition
8. Pumpkin Apple Pie Overnight Oats- from Bite of Health Nutrition
9. Maple Pumpkin Peanut Butter Bars- from Lonestar Nutrition
10. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites- from The Gourmet RD
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites from Julie Andrews at The Gourmet RD
11. Pumpkin Pie Smoothie- from Amy Gorin Nutrition
12. Pumpkin-Bean Burger with Chili Avocado Mash- from Desi-licious RD
13. Pumpkin Pie Milkshake- from Mom’s Kitchen Handbook
14. Slow Cooker Cranberry Pumpkin Oats (serve cold)- from Eat Well Live Well
15. Healthier No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake- from Lively Table
Healthier No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake from Kaleigh McMordie at Lively Table
16. No Bake Nutty Pumpkin Squares- from Desi-licious RD
17. Pumpkin Coffee Smoothie- from Hungry Hobbit
18. Edible Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough- from Caroline Jantac MS, RD, LD
19. Creamy Pumpkin Pie Dip (low sugar)- from Jennifer Hunt, RD
20. 5-Ingredient Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats- from C It Nutritionally
5-ingredient Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats by Chelsea Amer from C It Nutritionally
21. Pumpkin Spice Seedy Slow Cooker Granola- from Live Best
22. Pumpkin Protein Green Smoothie- from Hungry Hobby
23. Chocolate Pumpkin Sunflower Seed Butter Cups- from C It Nutritionally
24. No-Bake Chocolate Pumpkin Pat Bars- from One Hungry Bunny
25. Chocolate Pumpkin Avocado Pudding- from The Foodie Dietitian Blog
Chocolate Pumpkin Avocado Pudding from Kara Lydon at The Foodie Dietitian Blog