It’s officially that time of year… when every food blogger on the internet busts out all the pumpkin, cranberry, apple, (insert fall food of your choice) recipe they has been hiding from you all year long. So, it shouldn’t surprise you that I decided to give my Pumpkin Pie Protein Bites a little makeover this week. I’ll be making these on repeat for the next few months and I know once you make them yourself, you’ll want to do the same.
Pumpkin Pie Protein Bites
- 1 cup pecans
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup low sugar breakfast cereal like Cheerios, or something similar
- 2 Tbsp protein powder
- ¾ cup raisins
- ¾ cup medjool dates pits removed
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- Combine the first 9 ingredients (through the protein powder) in the food processor and pulse until they form a powder (about 20 seconds).
- Add in the remaining ingredients until it starts to ball up (about 1-2 minutes). You may need to scrape down the sides once or twice, and resume processing.
- Using wet hands: Roll batter/dough into balls, and roll in crushed almonds or cereal if desired OR Press batter/dough into a plastic wrap lined square pan, then place another piece of plastic wrap on top and press flat.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. If you pressed the batter/dough flat, remove the plastic wrap pieces, and cut into desired shape. Enjoy!
Looking for more pumpkin recipes? Check out these amazing recipes: