These avocado banana cookies are a great on-the-go breakfast option, snack idea, or just a tasty treat! They are made with real simple ingredients and sweetened with just bananas and dates! Whether you enjoy one for breakfast or a snack, they don’t disappoint!
These are a high fiber, nutrient dense cookie that you can enjoy any time of the day. See the instructions below for recipe modifications to make them gluten free, vegan, and/or higher protein.
Avocado Banana Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain flour use gluten free if needed
- 3 cups rolled oats use gluten free if needed
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large hass avocado
- 1 large banana
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chopped dates or other dried fruit of choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in large bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together. Stir in the dates by hand.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a 1/4 cup measure or standard size ice cream scoop, drop dough balls onto the baking sheet about 1 inch apart. (These don’t change shape very much once baked, so if you want flatter, rounder cookies, be sure to flatten them before baking.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until set and starting to brown. Let the cookies cool on a wire rack.