It may still be hot as all get out outside, but baking season will be here before we know it! I get asked almost weekly if I have a recipe for gluten free zucchini bread, or gluten free chocolate zucchini bread, so I finally decided to try my hand at it. I love the way this bread turned out… a gluten free zucchini bread that’s lower in sugar than a lot of other recipes and still tastes AMAZING!!
This recipe for Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Bread was sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. All ideas and thoughts are my own.
Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 3 large zucchini
- 1 3/4 cups Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk of choice I use almond milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter or avocado oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips plus extra for topping
- Wash and dry your zucchini. Chop them into chunks and puree for 60 seconds in a food processor.
- Transfer the mixture to a mesh strainer, cheesecloth, or nut milk bag and squeeze as much water as you can out. (This will take a few minutes. Just keep squeezing. You’ll be left with a very thick green paste.)
- Measure out 1 cup of the zucchini paste. If you have any extra, you can discard it or save for a smoothie! Set the 1 cup zucchini paste aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the 1 to 1 gluten free baking flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and coconut sugar. Mix briefly to fully combine.
- Next, add the eggs, milk, melted butter, vanilla extract, and zucchini mash.
- Mix on medium speed for 30-45 seconds until combined.
- Stir the chocolate chips in by hand until mixed through.
- Pour the batter into a parchment lined loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Enjoy!