As far as we’ve come with gluten free offerings over the last 10 years, there are still some things that just don’t quite measure up. These Gluten Free Pizza Pockets are one of those things that just need to be homemade! Before my husband was diagnosed with Celiac disease, his favorite foods were chicken pot pie and pizza pockets (#prouddietitianwife)… so, for his birthday last week, I decided to come up with a version we both could be happy with!
This recipe was sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. All ideas and thoughts are my own.
Gluten Free Pepperoni Pizza Pockets
- 2 3/4 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 16 pepperoni slices
- 4 mozzarella cheese sticks
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, baking powder, salt, and coconut sugar.
- Add the oil and water gradually, mixing as you go. (You can also do this in a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment.
- Once a dough has formed, coat your hands with a small amount of the gluten free flour blend and knead the dough for a few minutes.
- Next, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and coat the parchment with flour.
- Divide the dough into 8 portions of equal size. Spread each portion into a square. Brush the top of each square with butter or coconut oil.
- Spread 1/2 Tbsp marinara sauce on each square. Place 1-2 pepperoni slices on top of each square and then place 1/2 a cheese stick on each one as well.
- Gently wrap the pepperonis and cheese stick in the dough, pinching the sides together to seal everything inside. Brush the tops with more butter or coconut oil, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. Enjoy immediately, or freeze for later!