These Halloween Caprese Eyeballs can be made “clean” or “infected”… How much fun you have with them is up to you!
What are your Halloween plans? Whether you’re headed to a fun adult costume party, a kids trick or treat event, or just hanging out at home, these Halloween Caprese Eyeballs are the perfect way to get you in the spirit.
Bonus: If you really enjoy grossing out to the max, the pesto gives the ghoulish illusion of infected eyeballs! (This is my favorite store bought pesto sauce!) Keep reading for step-by-step instructions on how to make these deliciously festive low carb appetizers.
Halloween Caprese Eyeballs
- 12 small tomatoes
- Pesto Sauce
- 8 oz. whipped cream cheese
- Sliced black olives
- Fresh Basil
- Using a sharp knife, cut each of the tomatoes in half. Carefully spoon out the insides of the tomatoes and discard, saving the skins as shown.
- Next, empty the pesto sauce into a squirt bottle. (I found a great one at my local dollar store). Squirt pesto on the rim of the tomato skins as shown.
- Fill each tomato skin with cream cheese. It’s ok if things start to get a little messy and the pesto spreads into the cream cheese. This gives the illusion of “infected” eyeballs!
- Next, press a sliced black olive into the center of each eyeball. Using the squirt bottle, squirt a small amount of pesto in the middle of each olive.
- Finally place 1 or 2 eyeballs over a large basil leaf and skewer with a toothpick. Enjoy!
More diabetes friendly Halloween recipes
Looking for more recipes to celebrate Halloween? Check out these yummy Halloween and Fall inspired recipes!