What’s Fall and football season without some homestyle chili?? This Homestyle Beef & Bean Chili is hearty and nutritious and will have everyone wanting seconds!
Now, contrary to my Texas roots, I love beans in chili! it just isn’t chili without it. This particular version is loaded with fiber and protein, thanks to lots of beans and tomatoes. And I love the slightly sweet addition of corn. I hope you enjoy this Homestyle Beef & Bean Chili as much as our family does!
And, don’t forget to try my Gluten-Free High Protein Turkey Chili too!
Homestyle Beef & Bean Chili
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 30 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 32 oz tomato sauce
- 2 cans black beans**
- 2 cans kidney beans**
- 2 cans pinto beans**
- 8 oz frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 1 ½ Tbsp cumin
- 1 ½ Tbsp dried oregano
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the ground beef until cooked through. Drain the grease and set it aside.
- In a large soup pot, add a small amount of oil and the chopped onion. Sauté the onion over medium high heat for 10 minutes with the lid on, stirring occasionally.
- Once the onion has begun to brown, add all the remaining ingredients. (Do not drain the liquid from the cans before adding them to the pot.) Stir everything together to combine.
- Bring the chili to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes with the lid off. Enjoy!