Ever wondered how to cook salmon at home? Do you only order it at restaurants? Keep reading for three simple and easy ways for how to cook salmon at home!
And if you want an easy way to purchase fish, what’s easier than having it delivered straight to your front door, already portioned, and freshly frozen?? Enter Fish Fixe.
Fish Fixe offers premium seafood delivered straight to your front door. Each month you receive 16 perfect 6 oz. portions of premium seafood (salmon is one of the options to choose from). They will arrive individually packaged and frozen.
With salmon specifically, there is so much nutritional goodness in there! One 6oz. filet not only contains a complete source of protein (meaning all of the amino acids your body needs are present), but it also packs about 4000mg omega 3 fatty acids, and is a quality source of B vitamins like thiamin, b6, and b12.
Place on top of one of my favorite salmon recipes: Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice Bowls with Norwegian Salmon
How to cook salmon at home
- 6 oz. raw salmon
- Oil spray of choice I prefer avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Juice from 1/2 lemon optional
- Preheat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Spray the pan with avocado oil and let it warm/melt for 4-5 minutes, making sure it coats the bottom of the pan. Meanwhile, rinse your salmon with cold water and pat dry.
- Transfer the salmon to the skillet. Cook the salmon for 5-6 minutes skin side up, then flip it over so the skin side is down and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
Air fryer instructions:
- Rinse your salmon with cold water and pat dry. Arrange them in the air fryer basket and sprinkle with the salt, and lemon juice (if using). Spray with avocado oil. Run the air fryer for 8 minutes on 400 degrees.
- Rinse your salmon with cold water and pat dry.
- Arrange the salmon on a foil lined pan and sprinkle with the salt and lemon juice (if using).
- Spray wit avocado oil. Cook the salmon for 12-13 minutes, on 400 degrees.