This is Low Sugar Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake is a fun twist on my Oatmeal Chocolate Chip High Protein Cookie recipe. If you want to keep it truly low/lower sugar leave off the icing, but I think it makes it a super fun treat for a special occasion!
Low Sugar Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cans low sodium garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup avocado oil or your favorite cooking oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup date paste or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup -1 cup of your favorite icing
- Blend the oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in the food processor for about 30 seconds until it is a fine powder.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips, and process for about a minute until batter is a smooth consistency.
- You may need to stop the food processor once and scrape down the sides.
- Once the batter is one consistency, remove the blade and pour it into a separate bowl.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Divide the batter into two well greased 8 or 9in cake pans.
- Spread the batter out in each pan until the bottom of the pan is covered.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let the cookie cakes cool for 20-30 minutes in the pans on top of a wire rack.
- Very carefully remove the cakes from the pans. (I like to place a large dinner plate over the pan and then turn it upside down. Then flip the cookie cakes over again onto another flat surface.)
- Optional: Once the cakes have cooled, top one of them with a thin layer of your favorite icing and stack the second cookie cake on top for a double layer cake or ice each of them individually for two single layer cakes.
Check out these other mouth-watering desserts