Looking for an easy paleo breakfast, snack, or dessert? These Paleo Blueberry Breakfast Bars are the perfect way to start your day or refuel in the afternoon. Your kids will even gobble them up after school. They’re also vegan and lower in glycemic index than traditional blueberry breakfast bars, making them great for people with diabetes. Grab the recipe for Paleo Blueberry Breakfast Bars below.
This recipe was sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. All ideas and thoughts are my own.
Paleo Blueberry Breakfast Bars
- 1 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 2/3 cup 100% orange juice
To make the filling:
- Add the frozen berries and orange juice to a small saucepan. Bring them to a boil and then simmer for 15-20 minutes to help it reduce down some and thicken up.
To make the crust:
- While the berries are simmering, combine the eight ingredients for the crust in a bowl and mix to combine. Place the dough in the freezer for 15 minutes.
To make the bars:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- When 15 minutes has passed, remove the dough from the freezer, and remove the berries form the stove. You can add the berry mixture to a food processor and process until smooth or leave the filling chunky, whichever you prefer!
- Press half the dough mixture into a parchment lined loaf pan, covering the bottom. (The dough will be sticky. It helps to wet your fingertips slightly with cold water before handling the dough.)
- Spread the berry mixture over the crust in the loaf pan, leaving a small edge bare all the way around the edges.
- Spread the second half of the crust mixture over the filling. (Tip: do small pieces at a time, using wet fingers to flatten the dough, and then place the pieces on top of the berry mixture.) Gently press the dough edges together to seal the berry mixture inside.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Immediately, lift the berry bars out of the pan using the parchment paper and place on a wire rack. Carefully, using a wide/flat spatula, slide the parchment paper out from under the bars. Let the bars cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!