This recipe for a Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Quinoa Bowl was developed by Amanda Schroeder, a Master of Science/Dietetic Internship Student at University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston. She’s interning with Milk & Honey Nutrition this semester and has lots of great content in the works. So, make sure to stay tuned! And definitely give this Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Quinoa Bowl a try!
Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Quinoa Bowl
- 1/3 cup dry quinoa
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup or more if desired
- Toppings: vanilla yogurt, cinnamon, pumpkin seeds, pecans, drizzle of peanut butter, etc.
- Add the dry quinoa and water to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Stir, reduce the heat to low, and cook (covered) for 10-12 minutes, stirring once after 5-6 minutes.
- Uncover. Stir in the pumpkin, milk, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and maple syrup and cook uncovered on low for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour into a bowl with suggested toppings (or any toppings you’d like) and enjoy!