Being born and raised in Texas, it’s basically heresy to proclaim anything more refreshing than a nice cold glass of iced tea… and I’m a-ok with that! But, these Strawberry Watermelon Iced Tea Pops might just take the prize too!
Around here, you’ll usually find iced tea heavily sweetened, and while that’s totally delicious and indulgent on occasion, it’s not something I want to consume daily. But, this Lipton® Strawberry Watermelon Iced Herbal Tea is perfectly refreshing and free of added sweeteners. So yes, this also means it’s a tea you can introduce to your family and still have total peace of mind. It’s free of artificial flavors, colors, added sweeteners and caffeine (yes!), and it’s just as hydrating as water (tea is 99.5% water) which helps both you and your family feel their best!
The refreshing flavor is a great way to mix things up this summer if you’re in a bit of a water rut, and you can even freeze some into these Strawberry Watermelon Iced Tea Pops for a perfect treat to beat the heat!
This tea also comes in a Mango Iced Herbal Tea flavor, in addition to the Strawberry Watermelon Iced Herbal Tea flavor. Some of the flavors include: rosehips, hibiscus flowers, chamomile flowers, orange peels, licorice root, lemon grass and chicory root.
So, if you’re ready for a deliciously refreshing drink, here’s how to make two quarts of Lipton® Strawberry Watermelon Iced Herbal Tea.
Bring four cups of water to a boil.
Remove the pot from the heat and add two Lipton® Strawberry Watermelon Iced Herbal Tea bags to the water.
Let it sit with a lid over the water for 4-5 minutes.
Add four cups of ice to the pot and stir until the ice is melted.
Transfer the tea to a pitcher, pour yourself a glass and enjoy!
And, if you want to keep going and make these delicious Strawberry Watermelon Iced Tea Pops, here’s how you do it:
Strawberry Watermelon Iced Tea Pops
- 2 cups brewed Lipton® Strawberry Watermelon Iced Herbal Tea
- 2 cups watermelon juice
- 1 lb fresh strawberries washed and chopped
- I use this frozen pop mold from Amazon (see link below). This recipe will make 10 pops this size, but feel free to use any frozen pop mold you’d like.
- Combine the Lipton® Strawberry Watermelon Iced Herbal Tea and watermelon juice in a large measuring cup and whisk. Set aside.
- Add the strawberries to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Using half of the strawberry puree, add 1-2 Tbsp to the bottom of each frozen pop mold.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove the mold from the freezer and add 3-4 tbsp Lipton® Strawberry Watermelon Iced Herbal Tea/ watermelon juice mixture to each mold leaving room for another layer of strawberry puree.
- Freeze for 2 hours. Remove the mold from the freezer and carefully insert your wooden sticks.
- Next, add the remaining amount of strawberry puree to each mold and freeze until solid.