This dairy free veggie dip is loaded with flavor and crunchy veggies for the perfect dairy free chip and dip combo!
I wish I could say I got the idea for this veggie-filled dairy free veggie dip on my own, but it’s actually a version of a recipe my mother-in-law has made for years. It’s not your traditional veggie dip, but is so so much better! The texture variety and flavors are so refreshing. Bring it with you to your next summer barbecue or just for a chill afternoon at home!
Switching things up to make a healthy veggie dip
You’ll notice this recipe is a bit of a reverse kind of veggie dip. Instead of dipping veggies in a less-healthy cream-filled dip, this veggie dip is loaded with veggies itself. It pairs perfectly with chips or additional veggies. It’s also really quick to throw together and can be eaten immediately, or stored in the fridge overnight to allow the flavors to meld together more!
The inspiration for this healthy vegetable dip
Like I mentioned above, this recipe is actually a twist on a veggie dip recipe my mother-in-law makes. Now, I say “twist” because it has evolved over the years of her making it, and now she just eyeballs what she puts in it… so it was hard for her to write it down for me. But isn’t that how all great family recipes are?? While this version isn’t exactly like hers, it’s still pretty darn good!
How to make veggie dip
First, I recommend having all of your ingredients chopped and ready to go. And while it’s not super difficult to chop some celery or bell peppers, I totally just buy the pre-chopped containers from the produce section when I’m making this recipe.
Literally, all you have to do after that, is throw everything in a bowl and mix it up with a rubber spatula. It’s that simple. Just like that, you’ve got an easy dairy-free veggie dip that everyone will love!
AND, if you want it to be a different texture or resemble a salsa more, you can put it in your food processor and process for about 10 seconds.
The Best Dairy-free Veggie Dip
Rate this recipe!
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped bell peppers any color
- 1 6.5oz can sliced mushrooms drained and roughly chopped
- 1 4oz can sliced black olives drained
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 Tbsp lemon pepper seasoning blend
- 1/4 cup vinaigrette salad dressing of choice
- 2 Tbsp Italian salad dressing
- Once you have all of your ingredients prepped/chopped, add everything to the same bowl and using a rubber spatula, mix thoroughly by hand to combine.
- Enjoy immediately or let it sit in the refridgerator overnight.
- Serve with chips or crackers and enjoy!