Get dinner on the table in no time with this simple and delicious time-saving meal! The Vegan Creamy Butternut Squash Quinoa Bowl will be ready in under 20 minutes, and it’s loaded with fiber and plant-based protein!
This recipe was sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market. All thoughts and ideas are my own.
Vegan Creamy Butternut Squash Quinoa Bowl
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 10 oz. package frozen butternut squash
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 packages Sprouts Brand Organic Quinoa Duo Ancient Grain Blend
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Add the onion, garlic, and avocado oil to a sauté pan and let them heat on medium high heat on the stove for 5-10 minutes or until the onions start to turn translucent.
- Meanwhile, steam the butternut squash in the microwave until soft (follow the package instructions).
- Add the sautéed onion and garlic, steamed butternut squash (with liquid drained), coconut cream, salt, and pepper to a blender.
- Blend on high for 60 seconds. Next, steam the Sprouts Ancient Grain Blend in the microwave as directed on the package.
- Add the quinoa mixture to a large bowl and top with 1/2 cup of the butternut squash sauce (save the rest for another time). Sprinkle with the chopped walnuts and enjoy!