Air fryer okra is very easy to make and so incredibly tasty!
This simple and easy air fryer okra recipe only requires 3 ingredients and you can make it your own however you’d like. We just need your favorite cooking oil spray, your preferred seasoning mix, and fresh okra.
Can you air fry okra?
You can absolutely air fry okra. In fact, it’s my favorite way to enjoy it! I mean I do love a good batch of fried okra but it’s a difficult dish to make in a typical home kitchen. Air fryer okra offers that crispiness we all love but without all the extra oil.
Cooking okra in air fryer
Learning how to cook okra in an air fryer is super easy. You can start from frozen or fresh, and make breaded or non-breaded okra. This specific recipe uses fresh okra and is non-breaded. But, you can follow the same strategy and make the recipe your own too. And the best part is it’s ready to enjoy in under 20 minutes with minimal mess!
How to air fry fresh okra
I prefer to start with fresh okra when air frying it, but you can also use frozen. To start, you’ll need to wash and trim your fresh okra. This means cutting the ends off and cutting whats left into slices . See the photos below if you’re not sure what I mean.
Air fryer okra recipe
Some air fryer models need you to preheat your air fryer, and some don’t. If the pre-heat cycle is needed, go ahead and do that (400 degrees F) at the very beginning so it’s ready to go.
You’ll add your okra to the basket or pan of your air fryer and spray it with your cooking spray. Then, sprinkle your preferred seasoning on top. See the notes below for my favorite seasoning blend for okra.
How long to cook okra in air fryer
The okra will cook in your air fryer for about 15 minutes. This cook time may need to be slightly less or slightly longer depending on how crispy you like your okra and your specific air fryer model.
Other easy and simple air fryer recipes
Make sure to check out these other easy air fryer recipes.
- Crispy Air Fryer Salmon Patties
- Simple No Fuss Air Fryer Drumsticks
- Perfectly Crispy Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Easy Air Fryer Carrot Fries
Helpful air fryer tool
If you’re still on the fence about getting an air fryer, or want more tips on how to use your air fryer, check out my go-to resource. My guide will help you learn everything you can do with an air fryer and more!
3-Ingredient Air Fryer Okra
- air fryer
- 1 lb fresh okra trimmed, and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- Cooking oil spray
- ½ Tbsp seasoning blend
- Prep your fresh okra by washing, trimming (cutting off the ends), and slicing it.
- If needed, preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Add your okra to the basket or pan of your air fryer and spray it with your cooking spray. Then, sprinkle your preferred seasoning on top. See notes below for suggestions.
- Cook your okra in the air fryer for about 15 minutes. This cook time may need to be slightly less or slightly longer depending on how crispy you like your okra and your air fryer model.