These easy air fryer carrot fries can be made with baby carrots or regular carrots, and will have everyone in your house begging for more!
Air fryer carrot fries are a nutrient dense and vitamin packed alternative to traditional French fries. Using the air fryer makes them super simple to prep, and it’s a great opportunity to get the kids involved too. Everyone will love these easy air fryer carrot fries.
How to cook carrots in the air fryer
Making carrots in the air fryer is pretty simple just like other veggies. They follow the general guidelines of most veggies int he air fryer:
- Wash the carrots and cut to size
- Spray the carrots with oil (I like to use avocado oil)
- Season as desired (see below for what I recommend for air fryer carrot fries)
- Cook (tossing halfway through)
- Spray with oil again once the carrot fries are done
How to make air fryer baby carrots
Baby carrots don’t cook all that much differently than regular carrots in the air fryer. Many people prefer baby carrots because most are sold already washed and there’s no need to peel them either. It’s totally your choice! If you’re concerned about eating baby carrots because of something you read on the internet, rest assured they are a delicious and nutritious veggie option. You can read more about that here.
How long to cook carrots in air fryer
How long to cook carrots in the air fryer depends on what size carrots you are using and how you have cut them. I follow this chart below on 400 degrees for my air fryer:
|2 inch slices or baby carrots||15 minutes|
|Whole regular carrots||20 minutes|
|Regular carrots sliced into thin rounds||7-8 minutes|
|Regular carrots sliced into “French fry” shape||15 minutes|
Easy air fryer carrot fries
If your kids are anything like mine, they will eat ANYTHING labeled with the word “chip” or “fry.” So, anytime I serve carrots, I either cut them into thin round slices and call them carrot “chips” or in a French fry shape and call them carrot “fries”. And when we do air fryer carrot fries, they turn out so super crispy! So delicious!
You can use either baby carrots or regular carrots to make these air fryer carrot fries. If using regular carrots, wash and peel your carrots and then cut each carrot into 3 inch chunks. Then cut each 3 inch section form the top of the carrot (the wider portion) into quarters lengthwise and the sections from the bottom of the carrot (the thinner portion) in half. If you are using baby carrots, cut them in half lengthwise if they are thicker, or you can just leave them as they are if they are thinner.
Next add a single layer of carrot slices or baby carrots to your air fryer basket. They can overlap some, but you don’t want to stuff it too full.
Then spray the carrots with your preferred oil spray, shake the basket of the air fryer slightly to toss the carrots and spray again.
Next, you’ll season your carrots. My go to combo is sea salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. You really can’t go wrong. You mix all that together and sprinkle it on top.
Then cook the carrots on 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Then pull the basket out and give them a good toss. Then cook for an additional 5 minutes on 400 degrees. If you are using baby carrots you’ll do this one more time for a total cook time of 15 minutes. If you are using regular carrots, you may need to do an extra round for a total of 20 minutes.
Once they are done, give them a light spray with oil again and a sprinkle of sea salt. You can also garnish with chopped parsley or green onions if you’d like!
If you’d like to know how to cook other yummy dishes in your air fryer, make sure to check out this post on how to use an air fryer, and download my FREE Air Fryer Basics Guide here.
Easy Air Fryer Carrot Fries
Rate this recipe!
- air fryer
- 1 lb baby cut carrots or ~10 large carrots cut into 3 inch pieces
- Cooking oil spray (I prefer avocado oil spray)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Chopped parsley and green onions for garnish
- You can use either baby carrots or regular carrots to make these air fryer carrot fries. If using regular carrots, wash and peel your carrots and then cut each carrot into 3 inch chunks. Then cut each wider (from the top of the carrot) 3 inch section into quarters lengthwise, and the thinner sections from the bottom og the carrot in half. If you are using baby carrots, cut them in half lengthwise if they are thicker, or you leave them as is if they are thinner.
- Next add a single layer of carrot slices or baby carrots to your air fryer basket. They can overlap some, but you don’t want to stuff it too full.
- Then spray the carrots with your preferred oil spray, shake the basket of the air fryer slightly to toss the carrots and spray again.
- Next, mix together your seasonings in a small bowl and evenly sprinkle the micture on top of the carrots.
- Cook the carrots on 400 degrees for 5 minutes in your air fryer. Then pull the basket out and give them a good toss. Then continue cooking in 5 minute rounds, tossing after each round until the carrots are crispy and slightly browned. They should cook for a total of 15-20 minutes.
- Once they are done, give them a light spray with oil again. You can also garnish with chopped parsley or green onions if you’d like!
These look amazing! You’ve convinced me to get an air fryer!
They’re delicious! You will love having an air fryer!
Would like to fix these…how many carrots for this recipe. Counting calories etc. for diabetes. Thanks!
Hi Carol! The nutrition information is listed below the recipe… a serving is 1/2 the recipe. Hope that helps!
These came out wonderfully! Used the suggested seasonings and maybe slightly less cooking time since our baby carrots were on the thin side. Loved the sweet and savory roasty char taste that the air fryer imparts . My son dipped his in ketchup. Will definitely put on our regular rotation as an easy side!
PS What sort of sauce are they pictured with?
So glad you enjoyed them! The sauce in the photos is just ketchup and mayo mixed together!