Think of this as the homemade versions of your favorite restaurant taco salad! This recipe for Blackened Shrimp and Veggie Taco Salad will leave you satisfied and happy. Unlike many fast food equivalents, this version is packed with fresh veggies, real deal guacamole, and quality sauces. You can leave off the shrimp if you’d like for just a veggie taco salad, or even swap it for chicken… but with shrimp is my favorite!
And if you want an easy way to purchase shrimp, and all your other favorite cuts of seafood… what’s easier than having it delivered straight to your front door, already portioned, and freshly frozen?? Enter Fish Fixe. (affiliate link)
Fish Fixe offers premium seafood delivered straight to your front door. Each month you receive 16 perfect 6 oz. portions of premium seafood (shrimp is one of the options to choose from). They will arrive individually packaged and frozen.
Eating seafood can be tricky. But Fish Fixe makes it convenient for you to thrive on seafood. And when they tell you that they hand-select premium, nutrient dense proteins and seal them for “off the boat” freshness, I can personally attest to this being true.
The team at Fish Fix blast freezes the portions, packages them up, and then ships them right to your door.
Quick to thaw, easy to prepare and quality and freshness you can trust. Now that I get fresh fish delivered to our door, I am able to cook with Fish Fixe seafood regularly in my own kitchen. It’s been years since I’ve prepared seafood regularly, but that has changed thanks to Fish Fixe!
Use the code MILKNHONEY for $10 off your first Fish Fixe order!
Blackened Shrimp and Veggie Taco Salad
Rate this recipe!
- 3 cups shredded kale or other leafy greens mixture
- 1/2 Tbsp avocado oil divided
- 6 oz. Shrimp or chicken plus taco seasoning and 1/4 cup additional avocado oil if using the marinade I describe below
- 1/2 cup raw broccoli florets chopped
- 1 batch of my 5-minute guacamole-for-1 or 2-3 Tbsp of your favorite guacamole
- 2 Tbsp crumbled queso fresco
- 2 Tbsp Pico de gallo
- 10-15 grain free or whole grain tortilla chips
- To prep the kale/leafy greens: If you are using kale or another fibrous leafy green, you’ll want to massage it with 1/2 Tbsp avocado oil first. It’s way simpler than it sounds too. Just add your greens to your serving bowl, pour the oil over the greens, and then using your hands just gently work the oil into the greens by massaging it into the leaves. Do this for about 1-2 minutes and then set it aside.
- To cook the shrimp: You can marinate your shrimp ahead of time for about 30 minutes in a Mexican inspired sauce or marinade if you like. I like to mix 2 Tbsp taco seasoning (grab my homemade taco seasoning in this post link below*) and 1/4 cup avocado oil for the perfect marinade! Spray a skillet with avocado oil and let it heat over medium-high heat. Arrange the shrimp in a single layer, sprinkle them with the sea salt, and cook for 3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3 minutes.
- To assemble the salad: Gently mix the broccoli florets into the massaged greens. Top the salad with the cooked shrimp, guacamole, queso fresco, pico and tortilla chips. Enjoy!