This recipe for Cheesy Beef & Kale Pasta Bake was adapted from one of my favorite recipes my mom used to make growing up. We always just referred to it as “penne pasta,” and everyone knew what we were talking about. I’ve added some veggies and changed the original shredded chicken to beef to come up with this version. But if you prefer chicken, feel free to sub shredded chicken!
Cheesy Beef & Kale Pasta Bake
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 pound penne pasta of choice
- 2 heads of kale chopped, stems removed
- 24 oz. seasoned marinara sauce (I use Rao's Homemade Marinara Sauce)
- 8 oz. soft havarti cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesean cheese shredded
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat on the stove. Add the the yellow onions and sautee in avocado oil for 10-15 minutes until they start to brown. Add the ground beef to the sauteeing onions, and cook until it is no longer pink. Set the beef and onion mixture aside.
- While the beef is cooking, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet with the beef and onions. Next, add the chopped kale, marinara sauce, and havarti cheese and mix it all up together to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the parmesan cheese. Bake on 350 degrees for about 30 minutes until it starts to brown and bubble. Enjoy!
Check out these other great dinner recipes…