I’ve got your new go to favorite party recipe for Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad!
Pasta salad is such a versatile dish and I love that it can be served hot or cold, making it perfect any time of the year! It’s pretty hard to beat a combo of chicken bacon ranch pasta right?!
Your new favorite pasta salad: Chicken bacon ranch pasta with ranch dressing
This recipe is intended to be a simple easy-to-throw-together weeknight meal option that will also leave you with some great leftovers.
Between work, kids, school, and everything else life throws at us, juggling a busy schedule and making time to prepare healthy meals is a lot. So, I hope this recipe alleviates just a little bit of that burden for you.
What ingredients do you need to make this chicken bacon ranch pasta recipe?
To make our chicken bacon ranch pasta salad, you’re going to need your favorite kind of pasta. I prefer to use a chickpea pasta because it offers a more blood sugar friendly approach to pasta, but you can use any kind of pasta you prefer.
For the meats in this recipe, I use a nitrate free bacon, and for the chicken, I use a rotisserie chicken and shredded up the white meat. You can really use any chicken you prefer though.
And, for the ranch dressing, again go with your favorite. This is the one I get.
The other ingredients you’ll need include: chopped green and red onions, shredded cheddar cheese, salt and pepper.
How to make chicken bacon ranch pasta
To make our pasta salad, you’ll start by cooking your pasta according to the package instructions. While the pasta is cooking, cook your bacon as desired. I like to do mine in the microwave, but you can also cook it on the stovetop or in the oven.
Once your pasta has cooked, drain all the water off and add the pasta to a large bowl. Add the chopped up bacon, onions, shredded cheese, salt, and pepper to the pasta bowl. Set this bowl aside.
Now, mix together your ranch dressing and water until fully mixed. Pour this mixture over the pasta bowl and toss until combined.
Now, we eat!
Add veggies to your chicken bacon ranch pasta salad
Another great way to round out this meal is to add a non-starchy vegetable. This could be broccoli, bell peppers, cauliflower, etc.
Turn this pasta salad into a chicken bacon ranch pasta bake
Your cold chicken and bacon pasta salad could definitely be turned into a pasta bake to serve warm. Add in some veggies and spread it out in a 9×13 pan for a delicious chicken bacon ranch pasta bake.
Can I freeze chicken bacon ranch pasta?
You can freeze your pasta salad in a sealed container for up to 6 months.
Try these other easy pasta recipes:
In the mood for more blood sugar friendly pasta dishes? Try one fo these delicious recipes…
- Artichoke Lemon Pesto Chickpea Pasta
- Spinach and Truffle Mushroom Pasta
- Cheesy Ground Lamb and Spinach Pasta Bake
- Mediterranean Veggie Pasta Salad
Note: This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you) if you decide to purchase using one of these links.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- 8 oz chickpea pasta
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ⅓ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook your pasta according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, cook your bacon as desired. Once done, chop it up into small pieces.
- Once your pasta has cooked, drain all the water off and add the pasta to a large bowl. Add the chopped up bacon, onions (green and red), shredded cheese, salt, and pepper to the pasta bowl. Set this bowl aside.
- Now, mix together your ranch dressing and water until fully mixed. Pour this mixture over the pasta bowl and toss until combined.
- Enjoy immediately or chill for later.