These Easy 5 Ingredient M&M Christmas Cookies are the perfect quick and healthy treat!
My Easy M&M Christmas Cookies are the perfect balanced treat (hello: fat, fiber, and protein!) and are easy enough you can get the kids involved too! Just throw all the ingredients in a bowl, mix it up, put them in the oven, and you’re done.
You need to make these easy Christmas cookies!
I just love baking with my kids during the holidays! Yes, it’s stressful at times and always messy, but we have so much fun doing it together! M&M Christmas cookies (with a healthy twist) are perfect for getting kids in the kitchen.
This recipe is really just measuring and mixing your 5 ingredients. Perfect for kids! And, when you add M&Ms to anything you’re sure to get them interested!
Santa cookie tray ideas
If your kids are still at the age that they believe in Santa, you can make these M&M Christmas cookies on Christmas Eve and use them for a cookie tray for Santa. Rather than buying cookies at the store, let your kids get in on the action. They’ll love getting to make treats for Santa! And you could even serve them with my Holiday Snickerdoodle Cookie Dip!
I love 5 ingredient cookies, here’s some other easy cookie recipes with few ingredients
These are some of my favorite easy cookie recipes, and many of these you can also add M&Ms to to make other flavors of M&M Christmas cookies:
Why these are diabetes friendly Christmas cookies
You may see M&M Christmas Cookies and be thinking “How in the world can these be good for someone with diabetes?
Well, they’re lower in sugar than traditional M&M Christmas cookies, and they have some other great nutrient dense ingredients.
Oats: Believe it or not, oats actually have a decent amount of protein (more than regular flour) and more fiber!
Peanut Butter: Peanut butter adds blood sugar stabilizing fat and protein.
For more info on blood sugar balance and what foods to choose make sure to read this article. And if you’re interested in the science behind why fat, fiber, and protein help to stabilize blood sugars, check out this resource.
Easy 5 Ingredient M&M Christmas Cookies
- 1 cup unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup rolled or quick oats
- 1/2 cup m&ms (or sub in your favorite dried fruit)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a whisk, mix the peanut butter, maple syrup, and egg together in a bowl.
- Add in the oats and your m&ms, and mix until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the parchment lined pan.
- Using a fork, gently flatten the dough balls into your desired shape (the cookies will not change shape much while baked).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until set.
- Remove the cookies form the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Enjoy!