This post was sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market. All thoughts and ideas are my own.
I’ve got you covered with the perfect back to school snack with these no added sugar PB&J Bites.
I’ve never been the kind of mom that has freshly baked snacks waiting after school for my kids. But, you better believe I can whip up these easy no bake PB&J Bites in no time!
The BEST peanut butter and jelly bites
I don’t mean to brag, but these may just be the nest PB&J Bites you ever taste. And, by using a natural sources of sweeteners and some perfect plant based fats, we’ve got one heck of a balanced snack to keep your kids, and you, properly fueled!
Is peanut butter and jelly healthy?
Peanut butter and jelly is such a nostalgic classic, but I feel like it also gets a bad reputation for being unhealthy. And, while certain versions may be loaded with sugar, there are many different balanced ways to enjoy a good PB&J.
The secret to great PBJ recipes
The secret to a great PB&J recipe, and great PB&J bites for that matter, is to make sure you’re using quality ingredients. I love to stock up on my go to ingredients at my local Sprouts. Whether I’m trying to balance my blood sugars, test a recipe, or just keep my kids properly fueled throughout the school year, I know they’ll have what I need.
Sprouts has always been my go-to place for good snacks. In fact, anytime my kids hear I’m going to be going to Sprouts, they are sure to list out all their favorite snacks they want me to buy 🙂
What are power bites?
Technically, power bites is a subjective term, but in this recipe we’re talking about a nutritional “power” house of a snack. With no added sugar, 9g plant based fat, and 4g protein in each bite, these are the perfectly balanced snack you’re looking for.
How do you eat peanut butter and jelly without bread?
PB&J bites are the perfect way to enjoy that classic peanut butter and jelly flavor without extra sugar. And, while there’s certainly nothing wrong with bread, you can enjoy that nostalgic flavor without it with these PB&J bites.
Let’s make no bake peanut butter balls healthy
Have all of your ingredients ready to go and add your almonds, hemp hearts, and cinnamon to the bowl of a large food processor. I recommend using a 9-cup or larger food processor.
Process the ingredients for about 20 seconds until a fine powder forms. Then add all of the remaining ingredients (medjool dates, vanilla extract, jelly, and peanut butter) to the bowl of your food processor and process for about a minute until a dough starts to form. Remove the dough from the bowl and roll it into about 14 balls. You can enjoy your PB&J Bites right away or store them in the refrigerator for later!
Other ways to easily enjoy PB and J
And, if you’re not up for making your own PB&J snacks, check out these PB&J pre-packaged snacks available at Sprouts:
- Sprouts Peanut Butter and Jelly Bites
- Bob’s Red Mill Peanut Butter, Jelly & Oats Better Bar
- Bobo’s Peanut Butter & Jelly Bites
- Van’s Pb & J Strawberry Sandwich Bars
More great energy bites recipes
Check out these other great energy bite recipes:
- Chocolate Peppermint Energy Bites
- Simple Pecan No Bake Energy Bites
- Coconut Cream Pie Energy Bites
- Healthier Scotcheroo Energy Balls
- Low Sugar Chocolate Caramel Oatmeal Protein Balls
More back to school recipes
Kids are hungry after school, and these snacks are perfect options too:
- Easy Spinach Blender Muffins with Blueberries
- Low Sugar Peanut Butter Fruit Dip
- Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies
PB&J Power Bites (No Added Sugar)
- Food processor
- 1 cup almonds
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4 medjool dates pitted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp no added sugar jelly
- ¼ cup unsweetened peanut butter
- Have all of your ingredients ready to go and add your almonds, hemp hearts, and cinnamon to the bowl of a large food processor. Process for about 20 seconds until a fine powder forms.
- Then add all of the remaining ingredients (medjool dates, vanilla extract, jelly, and peanut butter) to the bowl of your food processor and process for about a minute until a dough starts to form.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and roll it into about 14 balls. You can enjoy your PB&J Power Bites right away or store them in the refrigerator for later!