This post was sponsored by Lily’s Sweets.
These Chocolate Caramel Oatmeal Protein Balls don’t require any fancy appliances and taste amazing!
All you need to make these simple oatmeal protein balls is the eight ingredients listed below, a bowl, and mixing spoon! They come together so well and taste out of this world amazing.
Easy to make no bake protein balls
Chocolate and caramel combine so well together in oatmeal protein balls. The beauty of this recipe is there’s not a whole lot to explain.
You simply add your nut butter, maple syrup, and extracts to the bowl and stir. Then add in your oats, almond flour, hemp seeds and chocolate chips, and stir!
Next, you can either use a cookie scoop like I do, or use your hands to roll the dough into balls. Enjoy right away and store in the refrigerator.
Are protein balls good for you?
Absolutely! Especially oatmeal protein balls! They’ve got the perfect balance of fat, fiber, and protein to help keep blood sugar levels stable and energy levels consistent.
Can you eat raw oats in protein balls?
There is no danger in consuming raw oats in oatmeal protein balls. And, when we mix them with liquids like the nut butter and syrup, they get nice and soft for the perfect texture.
Let’s make protein balls with oats
I really like adding oats to protein balls to make it a completely balanced snack. Many protein balls recipes are actually lacking in carbs, but by using oats we’re getting complex carbs in the form of fiber which are the perfect companion to protein and fat.
How to make gluten free protein balls
Most ingredients you would use in oatmeal protein balls are naturally gluten free, but you do need to make sure you purchase gluten free oats if you want your protein balls to be gluten free.
My favorite chocolate protein balls recipes
And if you’d like some other high protein chocolate ball recipe ideas, check out these recipes…
Other great protein bites recipes
And if chocolate isn’t your thing, try these protein bite recipes…
Chocolate Caramel Oatmeal Protein Bites
Rate this recipe!
- ½ cup unsweetened nut butter of choice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup rolled oats use gluten free if needed
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup hemp seeds can sub flax seeds
- ½ cup Lily’s chocolate salted caramel chips
- Add your nut butter, maple syrup, and extracts to a medium bowl and stir them together really well with a rubber spatula. (If your nut butter isn’t naturally runny, you may want to warm it up in the microwave to make stirring it together easier.)
- Add the oats, almond flour, and hemp seeds t the bowl and mix together until you can no longer see dry almond flour and everything is fully combined.
- Stir in your chocolate baking chips.
- Divide the batter into ~20 balls (I used a cookie scoop to do this), and enjoy! (Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container to help them last longer.)