Who says cookies have to be sweet?! These Savory Peanut Butter Pistachio Cookies are perfect for any meal, snack, or occasion! Crumble one up on top of yogurt, pop a couple as an afternoon snack, or savor one drizzled with a little more peanut butter after dinner.
Next week, I’m leading a No Added Sugar (or fake sugar) Challenge. No sugar, sweeteners, alternative sweeteners, sugar alcohols, or syrups of any kind for 7 days. Sugars occurring naturally in fruits, vegetables, dairy, and grains are ok… we’re just focusing on added sugar. SO, when I saw the original version of this recipe from @SabrinaFitnessandNutrition on @crazyrichardspb instagram page I knew I could adapt them to be completely free of added sugar… but little did I know they’d be the perfect little savory peanut butter treat!
Savory Peanut Butter Pistachio Cookies
- 3/4 cup all natural creamy peanut butter at room temp
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup roasted pistachios crushed/chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the peanut butter and egg.
- Fold in the pistachios. Roll into balls (about 1 Tbsp each) and arrange evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Using a fork, press down on each dough ball to form lines and flatten.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before eating. Enjoy!
Check out these other great snack recipes!