I’ve rounded up 35 of my favorite easy low carb diabetes recipes and you have to try them!
Sometimes when you’re living with diabetes, you need to be able to rely on a good low carb recipe. Easy low carb diabetes recipes are great tools to have in your diabetes management toolkit.
Is a low carb diet good for diabetes?
A consistent low carb diet for diabetes isn’t necessary. It can certainly be done, but if that’s not a route you want to take, you definitely don’t have to. There are times when you may need to rely on a low carb recipe or option (like the ones below) but it doesn’t mean you have to do that all of the time. Whether or not to follow a low carb diet for type 2 diabetes or a low carb diet for type 1 diabetes should be a decision you discuss with your doctor and/or diabetes educator.
Should you eat complex carbs for diabetes?
Have you ever heard the term “smart carbs”? If you have, odds are it was referring to complex carbohydrates. These are also sometimes referred to as “good carbs”, though I really don’t like that phrase. (I’m not a fan of giving foods concrete labels like good and bad.) These types of carbohydrates are simply more complex and take longer for the body to break down. This means they are less likely to cause spikes in blood sugar levels after you eat them. While being low in carbs, many of the recipes below also contain complex carbohydrates.
Low carb diabetes recipes
- Copycat Baked Starbucks Egg Bites
- Best Low Carb Green Smoothie
- High Protein Banana Bread
- Spinach Tomato & Cheese Frittata
- Low Carb Broccoli Ranch Salad with Bacon
- Pizza Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
- Shakshuka for One
- Southwest Cauliflower Rice Bowl
- Pecan Chicken Salad
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad
- Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice Bowls with Norwegian Salmon
- Keto Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe
- Tofu Bahn Mi Lettuce Wraps
- Lentil Potato Stew
- Zucchini Pizza Casserole
- Everything Bagel Low Carb Chicken Pizza
- Easy Baked Fish in Foil
- Slow Cooker Beef & Mushroom Stew
- 15-minute Sheet Pan Steak and Veggies
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bites
- Low Carb Chocolate Banana Bread
- Chocolate Almond Butter Protein Balls
- Almond Butter Protein Bars
- The Best Dairy Free Veggie Dip
- Air Fried Asparagus
- Crispy Kale Chips
- Everything Bagel Deviled Eggs
- Baked Prosciutto Wrapped Mozzarella
- Guacamole for One
- Diabetes-Friendly Almond Flour Cookies
- Low Carb Ice Cream Bars
- Low Sugar Chai Walnuts
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with Oatmeal Crust
- Easy Diabetes Friendly Brownies
- The Best Keto Chocolate Cake Recipe
For a list of these low carb recipes broken down into categories like meals, snacks, and desserts, keep scrolling!
Low carb meals for diabetes
There’s lots of easy low carb diabetes recipes all over the internet, including these 35 great options!
Diabetes breakfast recipes low carb
The possibilities are endless with these low carb breakfast ideas!
- Copycat Baked Starbucks Egg Bites Milk & Honey Nutrition
- Best Low Carb Green Smoothie The Oregon Dietitian
- High Protein Banana Bread Dietitian Meets Mom
- Spinach Tomato & Cheese Frittata Hoorah to Health
Diabetes lunch recipes low carb
Looking for a quick and easy low carb lunch option?
- Low Carb Broccoli Ranch Salad with Bacon Milk & Honey Nutrition
- Pizza Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms Healthy-ish Appetite
- Shakshuka for One Laurel Ann Nutrition
- Southwest Cauliflower Rice Bowl Dietitian Meets Mom
- Pecan Chicken Salad Spicy RD Nutrition
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad Hoorah to Health
Low carb dinner recipes
Try these great low carb dinner ideas!
- Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice Bowls with Norwegian Salmon Milk & Honey Nutrition
- Keto Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe Erin Palinski-Wade
- Tofu Bahn Mi Lettuce Wraps Healthy-ish Appetite
- Lentil Potato Stew The Millers Kitchen
- Zucchini Pizza Casserole Hoorah to Health
High protein low carb dinner recipes
Many easy low carb diabetes recipe options are also high in protein.
- Everything Bagel Low Carb Chicken Pizza Milk & Honey Nutrition
- Easy Baked Fish in Foil Better is the New Perfect
- Slow Cooker Beef & Mushroom Stew Better is the New Perfect
- 15-minute Sheet Pan Steak and Veggies Chelsea Dishes
Low carb snacks for diabetes
Whether you’re looking for sweet or savory, there’s lots of great low carb snack recipes for diabetes!
Low carb sweet snacks
Whenever that sweet tooth hits in the afternoon, make sure to give these recipes a try!
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bites Milk & Honey Nutrition
- Low Carb Chocolate Banana Bread Erin Palinski-Wade
- Chocolate Almond Butter Protein Balls Amy D Gorin
- Almond Butter Protein Bars Shaw’s Simple Swaps
Low carb savory snacks
Sometimes you just need a good salty, low carb snack…
- The Best Dairy Free Veggie Dip Milk & Honey Nutrition
- Air Fried Asparagus Chelsea Dishes
- Crispy Kale Chips Chelsea Dishes
- Everything Bagel Deviled Eggs Healthy-ish Appetite
- Baked Prosciutto Wrapped Mozzarella Laurel Ann Nutrition
- Guacamole for One Milk & Honey Nutrition
Low carb dessert recipes
There’s a number of different reasons you may want or need a good low carb dessert option. You have to try some of my favorites!
Low sugar desserts
These easy low carb diabetes recipes are perfect for a blood sugar friendly snack.
- Diabetes-Friendly Almond Flour Cookies Milk & Honey Nutrition
- Low Carb Ice Cream Bars Lauren Ann Nutrition
- Low Sugar Chai Walnuts Live Best
No added sugar desserts
Sweetness doesn’t always have to come from added sugar…
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with Oatmeal Crust Milk & Honey Nutrition
- Easy Diabetes Friendly Brownies Milk & Honey Nutrition
- The Best Keto Chocolate Cake Recipe Erin Palinski Wade
Want more diabetes friendly ideas?
Check out these other resources: