Grain free magic cookie bars are an easy grab-n-go dessert you can pass off as breakfast!
These Grain Free Hazelnut Magic Cookie Bars require zero baking and are the easiest things to mix up. Naturally gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and paleo-friendly, everyone in your family will love them!
What are vegan magic bars?
There are tons of variations of vegan magic bar recipes on the internet. Most recipes are filled with chocolate chips, coconut milk or flakes, nuts, and seeds that create a gooey delicious treat.
My version includes hazelnut flour, coconut sugar, almond butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, coconut flakes, hemp seeds, cocoa nibs, and chocolate chunks!
Baking with hazelnut flour recipes
Hazelnut flour is made from finely ground hazelnuts. It is a grain free alternative to traditional flours with a tasty sweet, nutty flavor!
Hazelnut flour is great choice for this recipe as it pairs perfectly with chocolate and coconut! If you do not have hazelnut flour on hand, almond flour works just as well.
Why I choose to make grain free bars
Not only do grain free flours taste delicious, but they have a lower glycemic index compared to traditional flours. Grain free flours like hazelnut and almond flour allow for slower digestion and absorption which promotes a gradual rise in blood sugar.
Grain free flours have additional nutrition benefits like fiber, healthy fats, and essential vitamins and minerals.
How to make vegan magic cookie bars
Gather all ingredients, a medium size mixing bowl, small mixing bowl, rubber spatula, parchment paper, and a loaf pan.
First, combine the hazelnut flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt in a medium size bowl. Stir to combine.
Next, add in the nut butter and maple syrup. Mix the dough together using a rubber spatula. Note: it will be crumbly and slightly dry looking.
Press the dough down into a parchment paper lined loaf pan. (This mimics a crust).
Mix the coconut flakes, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, crushed hazelnuts, and dark chocolate chunks in a small bowl. Now, pour them over the top of the dough in the loaf pan and press down.
Place the pan in the freezer for 2 hours. Do not skip this step, it allows the cookie bars to harden!
Finally, slice into bars and enjoy!
Store in the freezer or refrigerator in an airtight container!
Some of my favorite grain free desserts
If you love these magic cookie bars, you will have to try more of my grain free desserts!
- Low Sugar Chocolate Caramel Oatmeal Protein Balls
- Easy Spinach Blender Muffins with Blueberries
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Breakfast Bars
- Gluten Free Chocolate Avocado Muffins
Grain Free Hazelnut Magic Bars
- 1 cup Hazelnut or Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup all natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Toppings: 2 Tbsp each of unsweetened coconut flakes, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, crushed hazelnuts, and dark chocolate chunks
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the hazelnut flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Add in the nut butter and maple syrup.
- Mix the dough together using a rubber spatula. It will be crumbly and slightly dry looking.
- Press the dough down into a parchment paper lined loaf pan.
- Mix the toppings together in a small bowl.
- Pour them over the top of the dough in the loaf pan and press down.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 2 hours. Slice into bars and enjoy!
- Store in the freezer or refrigerator in an airtight container!