Ever wondered how to cook shrimp at home? Do you only order it at restaurants? Keep reading for three simple and easy ways for how to cook shrimp at home!
And if you want an easy way to purchase fish, what’s easier than having it delivered straight to your front door, already portioned, and freshly frozen?? Enter Fish Fixe.
Fish Fixe offers premium seafood delivered straight to your front door. Each month you receive 16 perfect 6 oz. portions of premium seafood (shrimp is one of the options to choose from). They will arrive individually packaged and frozen.
Eating seafood can be tricky. But Fish Fixe makes it convenient for you to thrive on seafood. And when they tell you that they hand-select premium, nutrient dense proteins and seal them for “off the boat” freshness, I can personally attest to this being true.
The team at Fish Fix blast freezes the portions, packages them up, and then ships them right to your door.
Quick to thaw, easy to prepare and quality and freshness you can trust. Now that I get fresh fish delivered to our door, I am able to cook with Fish Fixe seafood regularly in my own kitchen. It’s been years since I’ve prepared seafood regularly, but that is changing thanks to Fish Fixe!
Use the code MILKNHONEY for $10 off your first Fish Fixe order!
The American Heart Association recommends that we get at least two servings of fish in our diet each week. Do you do that? Until I had a regular delivery from Fish Fixe, we certainly didn’t.
How to cook shrimp at home
- 6 oz. raw shrimp
- 2 Tbsp fat: avocado oil, coconut oil, or butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Juice from 1/2 lemon optional
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add in your fat of choice and let it warm/melt for 4-5 minutes, making sure it coats the bottom of the pan. Meanwhile, rinse your shrimp with cold water and pat dry. Arrange them on a pate and sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and lemon juice (if using).
- Transfer the shrimp to the skillet making sure to not over crowd the pan. You want them to be at least a 1/2in apart from each other. Cook the shrimp for 4-5 minutes, flip them (I find this is easiest and makes less mess if you use a pair of kitchen tongs), and then cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
Air fryer instructions:
- Rinse your shrimp with cold water and pat dry. Arrange them in the air fryer basket and sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and lemon juice (if using). Make sure to not over crowd the basket. You want them to be at least a 1/2in apart from each other. Run the air fryer for 5 minutes on 400 degrees. You can drizzle the shrimp with some oil or melted butter after they are done cooking, or skip it.
- Rinse your shrimp with cold water and pat dry. Arrange them on a foil lined pan and sprinkle with the salt, pepper, oil/melted butter, and lemon juice (if using). Make sure to not over crowd the pan. You want them to be at least a 1/2in apart from each other. Cook the shrimp for 8-9 minutes, on 400 degrees.
- Serve with salad, pasta, or however you like and enjoy!