It is officially summer. Kids are out of school. Humidity is crazy, and the temperature only gets warmer each day. My kids love playing outside… and they love snacks… so what’s better than a Strawberry Chia Popsicle on a hot and sunny afternoon??
My girls have been begging for these popsicles all the time, and the dietitian in me has no problem letting them devour them. Sweetened with just the natural sugars found in strawberries, coconut water, and maple syrup, they’re a guilt-free treat you and your kids can enjoy. And they’re also loaded with electrolytes and antioxidants to replace anything you lose while sweating in that hot summer sun.
And did I mention they only take about 5 minutes to mix up? The hard part is having enough patience waiting on them to freeze!
Strawberry Chia Popsicles
Yield: 4 popsicles
6 medium strawberries
1/2 cup coconut water
2 Tbsp date paste or maple syrup
2 Tbsp chia seeds
Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend for 15-20 seconds. Pour into popsicle molds and let freeze for at least 4 hours.
Check out these other great summertime recipes…
- Grain Free Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Gluten Free Christmas Cracker Candy
- Purple Monster Halloween Treats
- Double Chocolate Fudge Breakfast Cookies
- Watercolor Toast with no artificial dyes
- Strawberry Watermelon Iced Tea Pops
- No-Cook Blueberry Vanilla Fudge
- Peaches & Cream Parfaits with Maple Bacon Crumbles
- Grain Free Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Grain Free Blueberry Lemon Breakfast Cookie Skillet