School is almost back in session and I’m looking for all the easy weeknight recipes that don’t require a ton of prep work. This Easy Weeknight BBQ Veggie Salad is so simple to prepare and will leave everyone full and satisfied. I came up with the recipe while I was roaming around Sprouts one day, and knew I had to share it with you guys! And if you’re worried your kids might be a little iffy about salad, just serve the toppings in individual cups and let them choose what they want to put on their plates!
My first exposure to jackfruit was on the Plant-based Getaway trip hosted by Sprouts Farmers Market that I got to go on back in June. I love the flavor, and while cooking it wasn’t terribly difficult, I LOVE that Sprouts also has some quick time-saving jackfruit options available (in addition to the whole 20lb fruit!), like the ready-to-eat BBQ jackfruit I use in this salad.
The recipe was sponsored by Sprouts Farmer’s Market. All ideas and thoughts are my own.
Easy Weeknight BBQ Veggie Salad
Rate this recipe!
- 4-6 cups leafy greens chopped (kale, spinach, collard greens, etc.)
- 1/2 large avocado peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 4 oz. canned sliced water chestnuts drained
- 1/4 cup Sprouts Brand Gluten Free French Fried Onions
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives
- 1 5-oz. package BBQ Company Jackfruit
- 2 Baby Dill Pickles chopped
- Dressing of choice though with this combo of toppings, you really won’t need it
- Divide your greens between two large bowls.
- Divide toppings evenly between the two bowls.
- Serve and enjoy!
Check out these other great recipes!
Veggie and Egg Caprese Breakfast Sandwiches
Heart Healthy Blueberry Apple Salad
Smoked Black Pepper and Salmon Caesar Salad
Caramelized Onion and Pistachio Veggie Burgers
Grain Free Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Blackened Shrimp and Veggie Taco Salad
Gluten Free Christmas Cracker Candy
Peppermint Pick Me Up Mocktail