These High Fiber Orange Chocolate Cookie Dough Bars are also vegan and high(er) protein. And can be made gluten free if needed! Everyone is sure to love them! Serve as a snack, or pair one with some plain yogurt for a filling and balanced breakfast.
This recipe was sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. All ideas and thoughts are my own.
High Fiber Orange Chocolate Cookie Dough Bars
Rate this recipe!
- 4 cups Bob’s Red Mill Oat Flour*
- 1 can low sodium black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup 100% orange juice
- Zest from one orange
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Crushed walnuts for topping
- Blend all ingredients (except chocolate chips and walnuts; and only add 1/2 Tbsp orange zest at this time) in a food processor for about a minute until batter is a smooth consistency. You may need to stop the food processor once and scrape down the sides.
- Once the batter is one consistency (it will be very thick, like cookie dough), remove the blade.
- Spread half the batter into a greased square pan.
- Top with 1/4 cup chocolate chips, then spread the second half of the batter on top.
- Sprinkle with 2 tsp orange zest. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before the bars are done, melt the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips in the microwave.
- Remove the bars from the oven and immediately poor the melted chocolate over the top.
- Spread it to cover the bars. Top with crushed walnuts and remaining orange zest.
- Let the bars cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Once they are cooled completely, cut them and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days… that is if there’s any left!
- *Note on texture: These are a very dense bar, and thus VERY filling! A little goes a long way!
Check out these other great recipes…
Veggie and Egg Caprese Breakfast Sandwiches
This recipe for Veggie and Egg Caprese Breakfast Sandwiches can be made with any style eggs and is sure to keep your taste buds and tummy happy!
Heart Healthy Blueberry Apple Salad
This Heart Healthy Blueberry Apple Salad is perfect any time of year and makes for a great easy weekday lunch or dinner. You can add chicken or fish on top and you’ve got a complete meal ready to go.
Smoked Black Pepper and Salmon Caesar Salad
Caramelized Onion and Pistachio Veggie Burgers
You know all those times when you want just a scoop of guacamole with your lunch, salad, dinner, etc.? Well, this 5-minute guacamole for one is perfect for that! No need to make a full batch that you may not get around to eating in time.
Grain Free Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Blackened Shrimp and Veggie Taco Salad
Think of this as the homemade versions of your favorite restaurant taco salad! This recipe for Blackened Shrimp and Veggie Taco Salad will leave you satisfied and happy.
Gluten Free Christmas Cracker Candy
Have you ever had Christmas Cracker Candy?!? It’s a deliciously addictive holiday treat that you can completely customize to your own dietary needs and preferences. This version of Gluten Free Christmas Cracker Candy is pretty simple to make… I bet it’ll be gone faster than it actually takes you to make it.
Peppermint Pick Me Up Mocktail
The holiday season means parties, get-togethers, and fun times! This Peppermint Pick Me Up Mocktail for the Holidays is the perfect way to enjoy the season without overdoing it on the booze. It’s full of flavor and so fun to make.
Regardless of what holidays you’re celebrating this year, I’m willing to bet food plays a big role in the celebration right?! I love that food has the power to bring us together at one table, for one meal, and so many good conversations! It’s such a powerful vehicle to bring people of all walks, faiths and beliefs in life to one table to eat, converse, and love on each other.
I wanted to share this super simple lamb lollipop recipe with you, 1) so you can impress your friends and family, and 2) so you can know how great American lamb is for both the environment and your body.