Who doesn’t love a good movie night?! And if the snacks involve bacon, you know I’m in!! This recipe is very easy to make and will have you on your way to the perfect movie night! Nutty Cherry and Bacon Popcorn pretty much says it all, but the crispy salty/sweet combo is sure to please every palate!
This recipe was sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market. All thoughts and ideas are my own.
Nutty Cherry and Bacon Popcorn
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels (I like to get mine from the Sprouts bulk section)
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 6 oz. uncured bacon
- 1/2 cup Sprouts Organic Cherry Fruit Spread
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 cup raw cashews optional
- Heat the avocado oil over medium high heat, in a large pot on the stove. Add 3-4 popcorn kernels to the pot and cover with the lid.
- As soon as one of the kernels has popped, add the rest of the kernels. Slightly tilt the lid to vent the steam and shake occasionally until all the kernels are popping 2-3 seconds apart.
- Transfer the popcorn to a bowl and set aside. Don’t wash the pot just yet, you’ll use it again a bit later on. (Alternatively, you can use a store bought bag of popcorn. You’ll need about 15 cups of popcorn.)
- Assemble a baking rack on top of a sheet pan with edges.
- Spread the uncooked bacon pieces on top of the rack, making sure they aren’t touching each other. Cook the bacon until slightly crispy following the package instructions for time and temperature setting.
- Set the bacon aside and let it cool, then chop it up into bite size pieces.
- Place the pot you popped the popcorn in back on the stove, and begin to heat it over medium heat.
- Add the fruit spread and almond butter to the pan and stir constantly until the mixture is hot and almost bubbling (about 5-6 minutes). Remove it from the heat.
- Spread the popcorn into an even layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. (Be sure to use. baking sheets with edges/sides.)
- Spoon the almond butter and cherry fruit spread mixture onto the popcorn and carefully toss and mix the popcorn to make sure the popcorn is evenly coated. (Note: You can also do this in a bowl or bag separately and then spread the coated popcorn out onto the parchment lined pan.)
- Sprinkle the chopped up bacon and cashews evenly over the popcorn.
- Bake on 225 degrees for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove the popcorn from the oven and let it cool completely. Enjoy!
Check out these other great recipes!